Followers

Friday, 24 February 2017

Digital Art - No Star is ever lost and Free on Friday



When I started this piece, I wanted to use something I used in my tutorial the other day.  I also wanted to use a paint spray that I had photographed, beyond that I had nothing specific in mind.   I began by placing the negative version of the cycle in place, a second part of that page was placed on the right and turned 45 degrees.  Then I added the paint spray to the left, playing with the colour, blending and place for a while.  I really liked the rich dark colour (blending layer exclusion), but softened the effect with a second spray paint underneath, offset so the colour showed.

 I  added the music and then tried an image from a book cover which didn't work so looked again and came up with this sweet little girl.  The dark area was the perfect place for the main quote and I also added a further quote and a butterfly, finishing with the stars.   Nearly all the layers have been blended in PS Elements.  Both of the quotes were on old images from a book from the Gutenberg site.

Now for today's free images I have some more circles for you.



Hope you have a great weekend x


3 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love that quote and this is a beautiful piece. hugs, Teresa

Nana Connie said...

What a fantastic project, Angela! Love all the blended layers of paint. Fun circles. :-D

Edwina said...

Hi Angela, I have been away from my computer for 2 weeks as mine crashed. I am able to do e-mails and save digis now but everything else is still in the works to be fixed. Thank you for the digital images. I love your little girl image and the verse you used. Very pretty and inspirational. Edwina Brown